FIRST BAPTIST CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Unapologetically Christian - Academically Excellent
Thank you for your interest in our school. We are excited that you are considering FBCA for your child’s education! You will discover that we are a Christ-centered school fully committed to excellence in education.
We seek to partner with parents who seek to put Christ at the center of their lives and desire to teach their children to do the same. The key to this success is a unified effort by the family, the church, and the school. FBCA is a special place where we fuse faith and learning, and where godly people can assist you in nurturing your child spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
We believe the best way to get to know FBCA is through a campus tour where you can visit classrooms, speak with faculty and see first-hand what a difference FBCA can make for your child and family. If you have not already done so, please consider making an appointment to visit our school.
Again, thank you for your interest in First Baptist Christian Academy. May God bless you as you search for a school for your child. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, our admissions team is ready to assist you.
Jeanette Wold, Admissions Director
First Baptist Christian Academy is a college preparatory school designed to meet the needs of students with average to above average academic ability.
FBCA seeks to promote high academic standards within the potential of the individual as uniquely created by God and to assist the student to realize his full academic potential.
• help each student gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamental processes used in communicating and dealing with others, such as reading, writing, speaking, listening, and mathematics.
• teach students how to do independent research and to reason logically.
• motivate the student to pursue independent study in areas of personal interest.
• teach and encourage the use of good study habits.
• develop creative and critical thinking and proper use of biblical criteria for evaluation.
• promote good citizenship through developing the understanding and appreciation of our Christian and American heritages of responsible freedom, human dignity, and acceptance of authority.
• promote and develop an appreciation of the fine arts through the development of the student’s understanding and personal expression.
• promote and develop an understanding of current affairs in all fields and relate them to God’s plan for man.
First Baptist Christian Academy believes that quality education includes the opportunity to participate in athletic programs. The athletic program is extracurricular only in the sense that student involvement is a voluntary privilege and requires an investment of considerable time outside the school day. Therefore, with these opportunities available, students are expected to represent the school as a part of the Christian community with exemplary behavior wherever they go, as the public will take notice.
It is vital that each student involved with the athletic program realize that no matter how formidable the opposition, the team competes to win. Every athlete should strive to be first. They are to be coached and are to play in such a way as to win, and expect to have victory. On the other hand, the student must know that there is no shame or disgrace to the team that plays its best and is behind at the end of the contest. Winning is not the guiding principle. It is how well the team or individual competes.
FBCA is currently in a capital “Building the Vision” campaign to construct dedicated classroom space for both elementary and secondary students on the southeast corner of the church property. The proposed buildings will include a music suite, additional science lab, computer lab as well as classroom space. God is leading us into the future in order to touch the lives of students and families in our community and beyond. Check out the details of this incredible new plan!
Thank you for your support of FBCA. Pleasese make a donation using a credit card or paypal.
First Baptist Christian Academy • 7500 Fairmont Pkwy • Pasadena, TX 77505 • 281-991-9191 • fax: 281-991-7092
A Ministry of First Baptist Church Pasadena